School Readiness Program (SR)
Become a School Readiness Provider
What Is A Contracted Childcare Provider?
Contract status through the Early Learning Coalition of St. Lucie County is awarded based on completion of an application, submission of required documents and obtaining a minimum threshold score on the identified program assessment.
Your responsibilities as a Contracted Provider:
- Maintain compliance with all licensing requirements of the Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- Attend monthly meetings to keep abreast of current information
- Keep accurate records of children attending your site, including health exams and shot records
- Maintain accurate attendance information by utilizing a Sign In / Sign Out log for parents/guardians
- Submit accurate monthly attendance information regarding children in the program
- Work with Coalition staff when they call or visit your site
- Remain in compliance with state-wide School Readiness contract
Our Responsibilities as the local Early Learning Coalition:
- Implement the School Readiness Program which prepares children for success in school
- Provide technical support to providers caring for children in the program
- Offer health screenings to the children in the program
- Support Inclusion Services that encourage providers to expand their childcare capabilities
- Provide the assistance of a Quality Specialist to support childcare programs
How to Become a School Readiness Provider
Providers on record with the DCF are encouraged to participate in the School Readiness Program. This includes all licensed, registered and faith-based child care providers in St. Lucie County.
Prospective providers can register and complete all contracts online through the Department of Early Learning at this link:
State law requires the Department of Early Learning to adopt a market rate to pay providers who offer school readiness services. There are different rates depending on whether children attend part time or full time and rates vary by county. Check at this link for current market rates:
Market Rate. State law requires the Department of Early Learning to adopt a market rate to pay providers who offer school readiness services. There are different rates depending on whether children attend part time or full time and rates vary by county.
Update your School Readiness Provider Information
Providers who need to update or amend their contract should contact the Fiscal Department at Early Learning Coalition of St. Lucie County at 772-595-6424.