School Readiness Subsidized Childcare
Working parents who earn low to moderate income and/or attend school full-time may qualify for financial assistance to pay a portion of their costs for early learning childcare services for children from birth to kindergarten age, and, in some cases up to age 13, through our School Readiness Subsidized Childcare Program. You can easily apply online through the Family Portal.
School Readiness childcare funding is available to eligible families to assist them in obtaining affordable, high-quality childcare. Children are eligible from birth through 12 years of age. If you and your family meet the below eligibility criteria, you may qualify for childcare funding either through a referring agency or by applying through us.
In general, there are three specific eligibility requirements:
- Children must live in a low-income family where parent/guardians work or attend school at least 20 hours per week.
- Gross income must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty for family size. THIS WILL BE ST. LUCIE’S SCALE. Please click on the page numbers to view the information. Page 1 Page 2
- Families must pay a co-payment for childcare. This fee is based on income and family size.
There are multiple pathways into childcare assistance. Please contact us today to find out how you may qualify, based on your current circumstances. Our Family Services department can be reached at 772-595-6363 or via our main line at 772-595-6424, extension 119.
Some additional circumstances include:
- Parents or guardians who receive cash assistance for the family or for the relative children
- Children under Protective Services or in foster care – regardless of income
- Families receiving assistance through Salvation Army, HOPE, Community Haven, Easter Seals, or other social services
Your online application will require uploading required documents, including:
1. Your child’s birth certificate, passport or government ID
2. A proof of residence (Examples include: water bill, electric bill, lease, any government document with current address)
3. Proof of income level and family size (upon application, the Coalition will send you an email
requesting the documents you will need for this)
Follow these steps to apply for School Readiness Subsidized Childcare:
Step 1. Click the following link to navigate to the Family Portal.
Step 2. If you are a new user, register for an account with a reliable email address and memorable
Step 3. Log into the Family Portal using your email as the username and enter your password.
Step 4. Click the gold button that says, “Apply for School Readiness.”
Step 5. Complete the basic information and upload the required documents as specified on the Family Portal.
Step 6. Certify the application by typing your first and last name as an electronic signature.