Child Care Resource & Referral at a Glance
- Quality childcare information
- Summer and holiday childcare solutions
- Childcare services for a special needs child
- Financial assistance options
CCR&R makes referrals only, not recommendations. We do not warrant the information provided. We do not license, endorse or recommend any particular provider, nor can we assure a program gives quality childcare.
Our services include: A customized search for childcare based on the criteria you select, including your home or work location, your schedule, the curriculum a childcare center offers, the type of environment or special needs that fits your children, and more.
Information on rates, fees, hours, and credentials of providers
Information regarding financial assistance for childcare programs
Educational materials and support for parents with questions on early childhood development
Tips on how to identify quality childcare
Referrals to other community resources
Your customized, confidential childcare search results may be requested by calling us at 772-595-6363 or by visiting our office.
Looking for financial assistance for childcare? Please visit the link to our School Readiness program
( LINK HERE)
- Internet availability to complete an application online.
- Internet availability to check case status.
- Phone access to an automated ACCESS information line or customer call center.
- Access to paper application forms.
Who Can Benefit from CCR&R?
- Providing data for childcare planning advocacy and training.
- Serving as a speaker’s bureau and a resource to educate the community and parents about the need and recognition of quality early care and education programs.
- Disseminating parenting information at community functions and public awareness events.
- Assisting businesses with their employees’ childcare needs and work/family programs.
- Implementing and enforcing a complaint policy and procedure.
- Operation: Military Childcare (OMCC) is a Department of Defense initiative to support the childcare needs of military parents who are mobilized or deployed in support of the global war on terrorism.
How to Request CCR&R Services
The CCR&R office maintains a database of all legally operating childcare providers in St. Lucie County. It includes providers which are licensed, license-exempt, faith based, registered family childcare homes and non-traditional childcare entities.
Call us, visit us or apply online
Contact CCR&R to request your customized, unbiased computer- generated list of early care services by calling 772-595-6363, visiting our office located at 5000 Dunn Road, at the corner of Midway Road and Dunn, in Fort Pierce during business hours, or through our website here (CONTACT US)
If you’d like, you can schedule time with our CCR&R Specialists at our office, to discuss your child’s needs, with the opportunity to ask specific questions regarding childcare and early childhood education options. We can guide you on accessing financial assistance, locating referrals to social service organizations, in addition to customizing a list of childcare services that meet your needs. This list can be e-mailed, mailed, faxed or picked up at the Coalition office.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)’s is just one of the many online resources for families, with articles, blogs, accredited childcare sites and general information about child growth and development. Please see our Resources tab for other great online resources for families, or visit our Facebook page for a selection of helpful links.