Child Care Resource & Referral at a Glance
- Quality child care information
- Summer and holiday child care solutions
- Child care services for a special needs child
- Financial assistance options
CCR&R also assists in the recruitment, startup and support of providers, while promoting quality, availability and affordability of existing services in the community. CCR&R makes referrals only, not recommendations. We do not warrant the information provided. We do not license, endorse or recommend any particular provider. We cannot assure a program gives quality childcare.
Looking for financial assistance for childcare? Please visit the link to our School Readiness program HERE.
St. Lucie County residents can also apply for public assistance services at the Coalition office.
Services available include:
- Internet availability to complete an application online.
- Internet availability to check case status.
- Phone access to an automated ACCESS information line or customer call center.
- Access to paper application forms.
Who Can Benefit from CCR&R?
- Providing data for child care planning advocacy and training.
- Serving as a speaker’s bureau and a resource to educate the community and parents about the need and recognition of quality early care and education programs.
- Disseminating parenting information at community functions and public awareness events.
- Assisting businesses with their employees’ childcare needs and work/family programs.
- Implementing and enforcing a complaint policy and procedure.
- Operation: Military Childcare (OMCC) is a Department of Defense initiative to support the childcare needs of military parents who are mobilized or deployed in support of the global war on terrorism.
How to Request CCR&R Services
The CCR&R office maintains a database of all legally operating childcare providers in St. Lucie County. It includes providers which are licensed, license-exempt, faith based, registered family childcare homes and non-traditional childcare entities.
Call us, visit us or apply online
Contact CCR&R to request your customized, unbiased computer- generated list of early care services by calling 772-595-6363, visiting our office located at 5000 Dunn Road, at the corner of Midway Road and Dunn Road, in Fort Pierce during business hours, or through our website here (CONTACT US)
If you’d like, you can schedule time with our CCR&R Specialists at our office, to discuss your child’s needs. You will have the opportunity to ask specific questions regarding childcare and early childhood education options. We can guide you on accessing financial assistance, locating referrals to social service organizations, in addition to customizing a list of childcare services that meet your needs. This list can be e-mailed, mailed, faxed or picked up at the Coalition office.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is just one of the many online resources for families. It contains articles, blogs, accredited childcare sites and general information about child growth and development. Please see our Resources tab for other great online resources for families or visit our Facebook page for a selection of helpful links.