To see the Florida’s Division of Early Learning SLIDING FEE SCHEDULE as of July 1, 2021, click here and here.
Executive function and self-regulation skills are the mental processes that enable us to plan, focus attention, remember instructions, and juggle multiple tasks successfully. Just as an air traffic control system at a busy airport safely manages the arrivals and departures of many aircraft on multiple runways, the brain needs this skill set to filter distractions, prioritize tasks, set and achieve goals, and control impulses.
Click the link above for the entire Study.
St. Lucie Public Schools VPK Interactive Map
Virtual Learning from Florida’s Division of Early Learning (DEL)
KIDVision Pre-K Virtual Field Trips and Information FREE
KidVision Pre-K virtual field trips bring people and places right into the classroom, zoom room, or living room with no cost or worry. Action packed KidVision Pre-K virtual field trips are accompanied with Take Home Pages, Lesson Plans and Student Assessments in both English and Spanish. Vocabulary words are also included. On many field trip pages ‘Jobs People Do’ at the location and a vocabulary building 360 iSPY video are also included. Open up a field trip page, there are 100 to choose from!
More Virtual Field Trips:
Field trip out of the question? Think again. Thanks to technology, it’s now possible for kids to visit all kinds of places from the comfort of their classroom (or home!). We’ve compiled a list of the best virtual field trips for you, so enjoy your “visit”
Teachable Moments from The Children’s Movement of Florida:
Tiny Teachable Moments offer a bite-sized nugget of wisdom to help busy parents make the most of the precious time they have with their children.
The 3Ts Initiative: Tune In Talk More & Take Turns (click link below)
READ ALOUD WEBSITES FOR FREE
The link below offers a comprehensive listing of Websites for Free Read Alouds and other literary Activities:
And check out this link, where famous actors and actresses read to your children:
Quality, affordable health and dental insurance for kids. From birth through the end of age 18, Florida children are eligible for head to toe coverage, even if one or both parents are working.
See if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. 2019 Open Enrollment is over, but you may still be able to enroll in 2019 health insurance through a Special Enrollment Period.www.healthcare.gov
Food Assistance Programs | Nutrition.govThe Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) works to end hunger and obesity through the administration of 15 federal nutrition assistance programs including WIC, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and school meals.www.nutrition.gov
This 3-minute video portrays how actions taken by parents, teachers, policymakers, and others can affect life outcomes for both the child and the surrounding community.
Parent’s Guide to Sleep Regression in Babies
Sleep regressions are hard on everyone. One week your baby is sleeping peacefully through the night, and the next week, they’re waking up sporadically and creating a fuss. Visit this link.
It offers lots of valuable information, such as:
- What sleep regression is, and why parents need to know about it – including the common signs to look out for in children, and how long these changes in sleeping patterns can last (anywhere from 2-6 weeks).
- The causes of sleep regression – with factors such as developmental milestones, growth spurts, teething/pain/illness, and disruptions to a child’s routines all playing a role.
- Detailed guides for parents on the common sleep regression stages babies experience: from the age of 4 months up to 2 years.
- Practical tips and advice for managing each sleep regression stage to help both babies and parents get the healthy sleep they need.
PARENT NEWSLETTERS ARCHIVE
Early Learning Coalition of St. Lucie County5000 Dunn Road, 3rd FloorFort Pierce, FL. 34981772-595-6424www.elcslc.org
St. Lucie Public Schools772-429-3600www.stlucie.k12.fl.us
Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County772-408-1100www.cscslc.org
Treasure Coast Food Bank772-489-3034www.treasurecoastfoodbank.org
Families of the Treasure Coast772-302-3147www.familiesofthetreasurecoast.org
United Way of St. Lucie County772-464-5300www.unitedwayslc.org
211 Palm Beach/Treasure Coastwww.211palmbeach.org/helpmegrow
Kids Connected by Design / Healthy Start of St. Lucie County772-467-2016http://www.kidsconnectedbydesign.org/
Please see our Funders/Partners pages for more information about our dedicated community partners
Helpful Web Resources
Florida Office of Early Learningwww.floridaearlylearning.com
Reading is Fundamentalwww.rif.org
Zero to Threewww.zerotothree.org
Department of Children & Familieswww.myflfamilies.com
Florida Department of Health/St Lucie Countyhttp://stlucie.floridahealth.gov/
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)772-595-6363Vroom Brain Building Apphttps://www.vroom.org/
PNC’s Grow Up Great Program
Fun & Educational Websites for Kids
Kilmer Branch Library101 Melody LaneFort Pierce, FL 34950Phone – 772-462-1615
Hurston Branch Library3008 Avenue DFort Pierce, FL 34947Phone – 772-462-2154
Lakewood Park Branch Library7605 Santa Barbara DriveFort Pierce, FL 34951Phone – 772-462-6870
Lewis Branch Library2950 SW Rosser Blvd.Port St. Lucie, FL 34953Phone – 772-871-5470
Morningside Branch Library2410 Morningside BoulevardPort St. Lucie, FL 34952Phone – 772-337-5669
Port St. Lucie Branch Library180 S.W. Prima Vista Blvd.Port St. Lucie, FL 34983Phone – 772-871-5450
Pruitt Campus Library500 N.W. California Blvd.St. Lucie West, FL 34986Phone – 772-336-6380
- VPK Assessment FAQs
- VPK Assessment Online Reporting System FAQs
- Parent Guide for VPK
- Parent Guide for VPK – Spanish
- Parent Guide for VPK – Haitian Creole
- Official State of Florida VPK Website
- Parent Handbook for VPK – English
- Parent Handbook for VPK – Spanish
- Parent Handbook for VPK – Haitian Creole
- How to Register for VPK classes through DOE
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Application
- Director Credential Information
- Director Credential Application
- VPK Director Credential Application
- Staff Credential Information
- VPK Payment Rates
- Attendance and Advance Rules
- Readiness Rates of Local VPK Providers
- VPK Program Monitoring Policies and Procedures
- VPK Fact Sheet
- State of Florida Administrative Code – Voluntary Prekindergarten Program defined in rule (6M-8)
- VPK Education Guide: Rules Update Guide
- VPK Enrollment Instructions for Parents
- Sign In and Out Requirements for Providers
- Sign In and Out Reference Guide
VPK Parent Handbook (PDF)