Children’s Week FloridaTM
2023 Celebration of Hands
Each year, Children’s Week Florida™ partners and volunteers come together to hang a larger than life visual inside the Capitol Rotunda. The display is constructed from thousands of pieces of vibrant and beautiful children’s hand artwork from across the state. This incredible work of art serves as a daily reminder to legislators, advocates, and visitors that the future of our children rests in their hands.
We invite you to join in on the fun and be a part of our 2023 display! Decorate and submit hands with colorful artwork, words, stories, and/or pictures to share with legislators and Capitol visitors – there is no limit to your creativity!
PARENTS, you can bring your artwork to the child care center where your child is enrolled if through Early Learning Coalition of St. Lucie County. Coalition team members are going to pick them up from providers for our CEO to personally deliver to Tallahassee!!
Below are helpful tips for creating your masterpieces of hand artwork to be included in the upcoming Celebration of the Hands display:
- Hand artwork pieces should be connected using items that will easily adhere to the large ropes used during the week-long display. This includes twine, string, yarn, or wide ribbon (please do not send individual hands).
- Staple, tape, and secure artwork vertically onto string or ribbon in lengths of no more than 8 feet to create the hanging” effect (see next page for example pictures provided).
- If you have many hands of art, please separate them and string together before mailing (no more than 8 feet per string of hands).
- You may also use the hands to create small posters to be included in the display. These should be no larger than 11” x 17”. Vertical or horizontal orientation is acceptable.
- If using glue, glitter, or other embellishments, please allow 2-3 days of drying time before packaging your artwork.